My name is Josh Barber, and thanks for stopping by!
Ever since I was a kid I’ve always been into computers, my earliest memories are of reading the source code for the game Joust and typing it into our Tandy. I’m an incessant tinkerer, with 4 or 5 projects going on at one time (one day I’ll get to completing some of them). Programming is both my career and my hobby.
Some More Info About Me…
Josh’s Favorite Things
Sleeping in, home cooking, revisiting the awesomeness of BSG, The Office, board games, his Motorola Xoom, Mario Kart, reading on his Kindle, dinosaurs, clean sheets, putting together IKEA furniture, catching up on Pulse, learning new coding languages and the day when his magazines (PC Gamer, Game Informer, Maximum PC, and Popular Science) all come in the mail at once.
Josh Says Boo To
The final cylon revealed in BSG, a sink full of dirty dishes, spreadsheets and networks canceling cool shows after only 1 full season, snakes, and blistering hot weather.
Josh Has Gotten Props For
- 2011: Verizon Wireless Mobile Site – Moxie Site of the Year
- 2011: FWA Site of the Day, Urban Ministries: “SPENT”
- 2011: Urban Ministries: “SPENT” featured on NPR, CNN, ABC News, Fox News, Mashable, World Vision Report, and PC Gamer
- 2008: Coca-Cola Live Positively – Adobe Site of the Day
- 2007: Moxie Department Employee of the Year